Sponsor A student
Underprivileged brilliant kids
Hello great team IHOPEE. My name is David Israel Akomo. I’m a Kenyan citizen, aged 26 years and I’m a second year Nursing student at the Kenya Medical Training college, Nairobi main campus. Besides, I’m an ambassador for IHOPEE International- my primary mission to help address the Health issues among the vulnerable people in my community and country Kenya at large. Allow me, on behalf of IHOPEE president Rose Oginga,to bring to your attention just but a few principal objectives of IHOPEE international;
1. TO CREATE AWARENESS OF HEALTH TO THE UNDERSERVED MEMBERS OF THE KENYA SOCIETY FROM ONE COUNTY TO ANOTHER.
2. TO EMPOWER THE YOUTH WOMEN IN THE SOCIETY.
3. TO ESTABLISH A LONG LASTING FINANCIAL FREEDOM TO THE PEOPLE OF LOW SOCIAL CLASS AND MARGINALIZED PEOPLE IN THE SOCIETY.
4. TO ADDRESS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, GENDER BASED VIOLENCE AND MATERNAL MORTALITY IN KENYA.
1.TO EDUCATE THE COMMUNITY MEMBERS AT LEAST EVERY YEAR.
2. TO BE ABLE TO CONNECT THE PEOPLE OF THE COMMUNITY TO THE AVAILABLE RESOURCES EVERY 6 MONTHS EACH YEAR.
3.TO BULD A VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTER WITHIN 2 YEARS WHICH CAN HELP NTURE THE SKILLS AND TALENTS OF THE YOUTH POST PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL LEAVERS WHO DID NOT GET A CHANCE TO INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER LEARNING.
4.TO INITIATE LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS FOR BOTH MEN AND WOMEN IN THE SOCIETY FROM COUNTY TO COUNTY.
THESE ARE SOME OF THE INNOVATIONS THAT IHOPEE HAS COME UP WITH IN THE RECENT PAST:
1. There’s a Galla coming up for all the IHOPEE community members and the interested people.
2. Healthy Nyanza initiative which was just concluded in the month of March 2019 which was just one of it’s kind! In this Medical mission to Kenya, Nyanza region had been selected by the leadership of IHOPEE in order that the Nyanza community could benefit from Creating awareness on health issues affecting them paying a specific attention to chronic terminal illnesses – Diabetes, Hypertension and Stroke.
They also benefited from the screening of Hypertension through checking their Blood pressure after which the few Blood pressure machines were donated to help them in their Health Centers.
Quite a number were able to get bed pans to help them in their self care during bedridden situations.
3.Among the volunteers was a Clinical psychologist who was able to address the mental Health issues and Rehabilitation for the various people faced with and/ or having impending Mental illnesses.
4. Coming up with the award initiative where the members of the community who have been up to the task of ensuring that humanity and service to the community prevails were given awards of Recognition in order to motivate the other members of the society to nature community service and volunteerism.
The Long term innovation; Is to come up with a vocational training Center.
1. Unemployment is major challenge especially among the youth- this is detrimental to the youth as it exposes the youth at risk of ectopic practices in the society.
2.Lack of proper skills since the majority of the children from low social class aren’t able to attain the formal training and naturing of their skills and talents in institutions of higher learning or vocational training centers.
3. Low self esteem among the youth because of the Traumatic experiences they have been subjected to by the cruelty of their lifestyles .
THE PRINCIPAL ROLES OF THE IHOPEE PRESIDENT
1. To build a strong and reliable team to ensure that IHOPEE provides Outstanding services to the society.
2. To develop open communication through the social media networks like Creating a Facebook page for all the members, WhatsApp telegraph platform and doing a teleconferencing when there’s a critical message of interest to be passed on to all the members both locally and overseas (Kenya) this ensures that all the members are kept informed and updated on the current programs and projects of the organization.
3.To Collaborate with the other organizations, doing exchange programs in Oder to learn and emulate from them all the good practices to help run this organization.
In conclusion; IHOPEE is forever committed to the service of the community in order to see the prosperity and success of in all the aspects of their living.
IHOPEE– Forever United.
Yours in service,
David Israel Akomo.